Friday, January 30, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date


Just before Thanksgiving Sarai took me out on a Daddy Daughter date to her girl scout district dance at Grandview High School. I was shocked at how many people were there. I was expecting a small crowd, but the cafeteria was completely full. We had a great time until towards the very end. Sarai had asked the DJ to play her favorite song - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Well, after a while the DJ finally played the song but Sarai was off playing with other girls in the atrium. I was watching her play but then heard the song and made the mistake of getting Sarai. By the time she came to the dance floor the song was ending. That ruined everything for her. I felt sad for her but also completely frustrated and helpless. In her words, it was supposed to be the best day of her life and now it was the worst day of her life. Tears and more tears. The drama! All because she missed her song being played. I can just imagine what the teenage years are going to be like! Just shoot me now. :)

No comments: